If you are looking for E-learning opportunities, this article is for you. The University of Toronto offers an excellent opportunity for all programming lovers to attend its Free Programming Online Course for Beginners on Coursera. You will learn about the essential programming elements even if you don’t know them.
The University of Toronto is among the most prestigious institutes found worldwide. Its foundation was laid in 1827. Since then, it has offered over 700 undergraduate and 200 postgraduate degree programs. It serves over 60,000 students. The university is ranked 21st in the world’s university rankings for 2024 (source)
The organization will host this online course in seven modules, one each week. In each week, attendees will acquire their skills with greater flexibility. This course will help beginners learn how to create complex software applications using Python. The course is not free but allows you to apply for financial aid to get a certificate at the end of the course.
Details of Free Programming Course for Beginners 2024
Scroll down to read the complete information about the Free Programming Course 2024 offered by the University of Toronto.
|University of Toronto
|Mode of Learning
|Programming Course Module
Programming Course Modules
This course will teach about the computer program taking place behind every click. The modules of the Programming course are listed below:
1st Module: Python, Variables and Functions
This module explains the course structure, introduces the programming editor for coding exercises, and explores basic Python concepts, such as variables, mathematical expressions, and functions.
2nd Module: Strings and Designing Functions
In this module, the course attendees will learn about strings as a data type for text representation in Python. It also teaches the attendees the process of creating functions, an essential programming skill.
3rd Module: Booleans, Import, Namespaces, and If Statements
This module brings the concept of Booleans to learners, highlighting logical values like True or False. It includes topics such as data type conversion and Boolean expressions within if statements for conditional code execution and gives insights into Python modules.
4th Module: For Loops and Fancy String Manipulation
This module introduces the code repetition concept for loops and teaches techniques for manipulating strings. It also provides insights about debugging that permit the attendees to observe program execution closely.
5th Module: While Loops, Lists and Mutability
This section highlights the importance of proper code documentation to increase code comprehension by fellow programmers. Moreover, applicants explore Python’s list data type and the concept of mutation.
6th Module: For Loops over Indices
This module further enhances the learner’s understanding of list manipulation, such as iterating through lists using for loops and handling nested lists. It also introduces them to file reading and writing operations, a valuable skill for contacting external data sources.
7th Module: Tuples and Dictionaries
The last module will introduce attendees to tuples and Python’s dictionary type.
Benefits of Free Programming Course for Beginners 2024
The University of Toronto Free Programming Course 2024 offers the following benefits to the course recipients.
- This course is free; you can register and join the course without paying a single penny.
- The Programming course is self-paced, and you can attend it flexibly.
- The course will teach you about computer programming and the Python language without requiring prior experience.
- From introduction to basics, this course will cover each slot individually.
- You can earn a certificate by applying for financial aid at the end of the course.
Eligibility for Free Programming Course for Beginners 2024
We have listed the eligibility requirements for MIT Free Online Courses for 2024 below:
- Individuals of any age, nationality, and gender can register for this course.
- Course recipients don’t require prior background knowledge about programming as this course will teach them from the start.
- Attendees must secure an internet connection and 8 hours/week to attend the course efficiently.
How to Register for Free Programming Course for Beginners 2024
Applicants must proceed according to the steps below to register for the Free Programming Course for 2024.
- To enroll yourself, sign up and create an account via the link below: (https://www.coursera.org/learn/learn-to-program?authMode=signup#about).
- Once you have created your account, you can join the course directly.
- To get the course certificate, apply for financial aid before enrolling.
Registration for the Programming Course by the University of Toronto has no deadline. You can register yourself anytime.