British Council has designed free IELTS Practice Tests online for students looking to fly abroad by taking IELTS. Students with a stable internet connection will attempt the IELTS mock tests at home. These tests have similar patterns and timings to the academic Test at a test Centre.
The IELTS test exercises have four modules: listening, reading, speaking, and writing. The speaking test will be done with a professional examiner via video call. You have to spare 170 minutes of your busy schedule to attempt tests for free. IELTS is the top English language proficiency test recognized by over 11,500 organizations. It applies to students who desire to go abroad for studies or employment.
To attempt the online Test, you must install the “Inspera Exam Portal” software a day before attempting the Test. The software download link will be emailed to you at your email ID.
These Practice Tests or time-bound sessions will inform you of the real-test format, experience, and type of tasks you must undertake. You can quickly test your preparation and review your answers to estimate your IELTS score. For more details, consult our website.
Details of Online IELTS Practice Tests
Scroll down to read the eligibility, benefits, application procedure, and deadline for the IELTS Practice Tests the British Council offers.
|International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
|Last Date to Apply
Time Taken for Free Online IELTS Practice Tests
Below is the division of time taken for each module of the free Online IELTS Practice Tests by the British Council.
- Listening Test: 30 minutes and 10 minutes to transfer answers to the answer sheet.
- Reading Test: 60 minutes.
- Writing Test: 60 minutes
- Speaking Test: 11-14 minutes.
Benefits of the British Council’s Free Online IELTS Practice Tests
Students attempting the free Online IELTS Practice Tests by the British Council will get the following benefits.
- The students will become familiar with the four modules included in the IELTS tests.
- The practice will maximize your chances of achieving high scores in the IELTS on the first attempt.
- The IELTS test experience is available free of cost.
- You can review your performance and determine where you stand on the Road to IELTS.
Eligibility of the Free Online IELTS Practice Tests
The students must meet the following criteria to attempt the online IELTS Practice Tests by the British Council. You must:
- Be 18 years old or above.
- Have a valid passport.
- Have access to a private room.
- Have 170 minutes (2 hours and 50 minutes of uninterrupted time).
- Have an uninterrupted internet connection.
- Have a computer or laptop.
- Download The Inspera Exam Portal application on your laptop or computer.
How to Join IELTS Online Preparation Tests for Free?
You can join the IELTS Online Tests by the British Council for free through the procedure below. The students must:
- Access the British Council’s official website.
- Register themselves for the Online IELTS practice tests.
- Provide the required information and attach the supporting documents.
- Lastly, submit the complete application form.
- You will receive the confirmatory message through email ID.
Online IELTS Test Preparation Application Deadline:
- British Council hasn’t specified a deadline for applying for the Online IELTS Test.
- You can get the application anytime and can join instantly.