The ECTRIMS Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Exchange Program accepts applications from international students who want to pursue postdoctoral research in Neuroscience and Multiple Sclerosis. The program aims to facilitate knowledge sharing and develop a group of highly skilled researchers focused on MS. Multiple fellowships are anticipated to be granted annually.
The ECTRIMS Research Fellowship is an opportunity for individuals to engage in research. Applicants must propose a research project to be conducted in collaboration with a mentor at a chosen institution. The fellowship is open to those interested in multiple sclerosis research. Candidates must apply for this before its last date. The deadline to apply for this scholarship is 1st December 2023.
ECTRIMS Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Exchange Program 2024 Summary & Details
|Deadline to Apply
|1st December 2023
|Level of Study
Benefits of ECTRIMS Postdoctoral Research Fellowship 2024
The ECTRIMS Postdoctoral Research Fellowship offers many advantages to the recipient. The benefits of the scholarship are discussed below:
- The fellowship will grant an annual stipend of €55,000 for all fellows.
- ECTRIMS will cover the cost of travel from the fellow’s home to the training site but not for family members.
- The host institution will pay the stipend according to their payment policies.
- The fellow can be reimbursed for travel expenses to the training site.
- If there are any remaining funds, they can be used for institutional benefits.
- If the total stipend and benefits exceed the ECTRIMS award, the institution/mentor is responsible for covering the additional costs.
- The host institution must specify the fellow’s expected salary and social benefits costs.
- Other funding sources must be listed if more than the ECTRIMS award is needed to cover all the costs.
- The host institution/mentor is responsible for supporting the research.
- No funding will be provided for travel, books, or subscriptions.
- Fellows are expected to attend ECTRIMS Congresses and present their research, with ECTRIMS covering travel and accommodations.
English Proficiency Test Required for ECTRIMS Postdoctoral Research Fellowship 2024
English proficiency exams are a must for taking admission to several European universities. The organization requires the following exams to be conducted for the ECTRIMS Postdoctoral Research Fellowship 2024.
Documents Required for ECTRIMS Postdoctoral Research Fellowship 2024
Some documents are necessary for the applying student to submit. These required documents are available below:
- A short resume and bibliography.
- A completed online application.
- A one-page statement of career plans.
- A 250-word summary of their research project.
- A 6-page description of the research project.
- Proof of their proficiency in the local language.
Eligibility Criteria For ECTRIMS Postdoctoral Research Fellowship 2024
To be eligible for the ECTRIMS Postdoctoral Research Fellowship program, contestants must meet the following criteria:
- The host institution determines the required languages for this fellowship program.
- Applicants from all countries are eligible but must have already received their advanced degrees.
- Candidates can have up to one year of prior postdoctoral training at the same institution or up to 5 years of postdoctoral experience beyond their final degree.
- Applicants must hold an MD, PhD, ScD, or equivalent degree.
- Applicant must be under 40 years old, but exceptions can be made.
- Language barriers should help the training experience, and the research must be conducted in a European laboratory or clinic.
- It is preferred, but optional, for fellows to return to their home institution after the fellowship.
- Detailed post-fellowship career plans should be included in the application.
How to Apply for ECTRIMS Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Program 2024
Please follow the steps outlined here to apply for the ECTRIMS Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Exchange Program.
- Visit the (https://ectrims2023.abstractserver.com/fellowship/)
- Here sign up for an account.
- Complete the application form.
- The fellowship application should include the mentioned document.
- These items should be confidential and consistent with the materials requested above.
- Referees should be asked to clearly state the applicant’s name on all pages of their letters.