Today’s article is particularly for male & female students who desire to continue their studies abroad. The Beijing government has announced a fully-funded scholarship program. The BS, MS, and PhD students will continue their studies in Beijing, China, for the academic year 2024-2025. We will fully explain all the aspects of this program below.
The Beijing Government Scholarship is the first opportunity for international students & researchers to be offered by a city government in China. The basic purpose of this program is to enhance the global presence of Beijing’s educational institutions.
The Beijing Municipal Education Commission has allotted 35 million yuan (US$5 million) for the scholarship. It is divided into three levels, giving each recipient the highest reward of 40,000 yuan (US$5,700).
You must act per the steps mentioned in the application procedure before the deadline. The deadline for the Beijing Government Scholarship is between February and June every year.
Beijing Government Scholarship 2024 Summary & Details:
|17 August 2023
|Application Deadline for Bachelor’s & Master’s
|Between February and June
|Application Deadline for Ph.D.
|Between February and June
|Bachelors, Masters, Ph.D.
Benefits of Beijing Government Scholarship 2024
The Beijing Municipal Government international scholarship only includes the payment of tuition fees. The allowance amount for the recipients can be categorized into the following five types.
- The cost of a Doctoral degree is 40,000 RMB per year.
- A Masters degree costs 30,000 RMB per year.
- A Bachelor’s degree costs 20,000 RMB per year.
- A Senior training or long-term language program costs 10,000 RMB per year.
- Exchange students or students who contributed significantly to Beijing’s international education will only pay 5,000 RMB per year.
Beijing Government Scholarship Duration 2024
Applicants for different academic degrees in Chinese universities in the Beijing region have varying durations of scholarships.
- Bachelor, Masters, and Doctoral degree applicants should have scholarships lasting less than 4 years.
- Applicants for Chinese language training or advanced studies should have scholarships lasting less than one year.
- Scholars, international students, exchange students, or students with exceptional contributions to international education should also have scholarships lasting less than one year in Chinese universities in Beijing.
Documents Required for Beijing Municipal Government Scholarship 2024
To apply for the Beijing Municipal Government Scholarship:
- Applicants need to obtain an application form from institutions in Beijing or the school’s website.
- They must also provide a notarized photocopy of their highest diploma and transcript.
- Additionally, if their study period in China is six months or longer, they must submit a photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form issued by the Chinese quarantine authority.
- Degree study or specialized research applicants must submit a study plan (maximum 400 words) or a research plan (total 800 words).
- Music and fine arts applicants are essential to submit their works.
- For applicants under the age of 18, they must provide legal documents from their legal guardians in China.
How to Apply for the Beijing Government Scholarship 2024
To apply for the Beijing Government Scholarship, follow the step-by-step application steps below:
- Choose a university in Beijing that offers this scholarship.
- Then, visit the university’s website “https://english.beijing.gov.cn/studyinginbeijing/choices/” and go to the “International Students” section.
- Find the Scholarships tab. Click on the Beijing Municipal Government Scholarship to access the application procedure guide and required documents.
- Submit your documents to the designated Chinese government office / relevant offices in your home country / Chinese diplomatic missions/embassies in your home country.
- Moreover, candidates also have the option to send their paperwork directly to Chinese establishments located in Beijing.